Thursday, August 07, 2008

Please read on...

I just want to announce to manga readers who visits this site that our lovely scanlators Serenus-Dreamers have announced to have some kind of virus brewing around their forum...They all wanted us to take caution to not enter until further notice.  Apparently, the virus(es) is/are Trojan <___<;  I hate Trojan personally b/c my labtop got really infected 2 months ago...I also attained spyware too...so not fun at all... Please continue to support them when this is all sorted out.

This is the post that Haruka-chan herself posted:

Virus Threat

Hi, this is haruka_maple. I took off a week for my summer cold. Sorry for the trouble.

Meanwhile, when I came back, I noticed that there was a problem in the forum. It kept wanting me to download some add-ons from a site. Thankfully, my one of 20 programs blocked it, and my pc was safe. However, from the chatbox and some comments on the forum, we saw that many people were having the same problem or worse. The infamous trojans. I’m really hoping that no one’s pc has been crashed yet (hopefully you guys have an anti-virus program). To guarantee your pc’s safety, we’re going to shut the site for the time being (including the forum). They’ll still be available but there will be no updates. That means, please don’t visit us until we address further more and that the matter is solved. As much as we’d like to bring you more updates, we want your pc to be safe. Hopefully, the matter will be solved soon and it’d be safe for anyone to come here. Thanks you guys for your cooperation.

MAJOR EDIT!!

this is what will happen to you if you are really curious and go in SD's site...First to protect yourself...you need to have NORTON on...I believe NORTON ANTIVIRUS is the only one that is capable of blocking it...I have just been informed by my friend who went on SD's site..and it is indeed the TROJAN virus...

so please do not go...

8 comments:

Fuzz said...

Thanks for letting us know and keeping up-to-date! I heard that there might be a problem when I was over on MR.
Huh, proves that my antivirus sucks, but I already knew that. I'll be staying clear. I know what you mean. Last month I had to send my laptop away b/c it had been messed up by who knows what. There's not much point in using the recovery cds when even the cd driver is corrupted. T_T

Munky said...

Do you happen to know who their host is and what forum platform they used? I'll probably do some reading on security for Wordpress and forums. *Paranoia Mode*

Loving_Day said...

Ouch poor Serenus-Dreamers, thank you for telling kawaiisue! ^^

kawaiisue said...

@ Munky, I really don't know...sorry

Fuzz said...

A while back, my antivirus actually did detect it - JS downloader agent or something, but I didn't realize it had come from SD's site.

So, how do we know when this problem has been fixed?

kawaiisue said...

hm...I do have Haruka-chan's email...so I'll contact her after a week or so to just no what going on b/c I dare not take a chance to go back there....X___X

mija said...

thx for the information ^.^ although i've already been on sd's site T_T luckily my antivirus (mcafee) is really good and blocked the trojan
i really hope you'll tell us, when they've fixed the problem >.<

kawaiisue said...

OMG...Mcafee really blocked it...my friend's antivirus is MCA..and it didn't block it...O___o;